Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 In Review- Part 2!

Vegas. This is her.
Having fun yet? I thought so...There are a couple of great months that happened for me in the second half of the year. So, without further ado, the second part of the year:
I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS AGAIN.
July- It was a hot month. But one of my favorite things happened this month, the Rafter K clinic! It was my first real clinic, and second and third overall jump lessons. I got to play with banks, ditches and water, and Bacon excelled at it all. We did our second event derby too, and Aimee was a great helper/baby sitter for me. I also got to hang out at my friends' boarding facility (tons of pics) and hosted my first contest!
WHAT THEEEE HELL IS THAT MOM?
August- I did the most posts this month. Which is weird, because it was right before my wedding. But hey! I'll take it! We did a lot this month too. A LOT. We did another hang out session at Redheadlins and Aimee's boarding facility. And Bacon and I went on our first trail ride. We also did our first Jump Night out at a trainer's place, and it was a blast. We also jumped 3'3" (our highest jump). And I got all of my girls back home!
Fancy horse.
September- So, I got married. I guess that was kind of a big deal. And, of course, there were lots of pictures. I started getting a bit sicker, so riding slowed way down, as well as posts. But I did do my first blog hop (which kind of failed, but I gave it a shot!) with horses and music.
Droooooool.
October- Riding picked up a bit with another boarding vacation, and we competed in our third event derby at beginner novice! The jumps flustered me a bit on the ground, but Bacon took care of her mom and got the job done like it was no big deal. I also bought my new wonderful CWD saddle (still hard for me to believe I did that) and had a fun time at Halloween jump night, including jumping our first little liverpool and keyhole!
Lovely setting.
November- Not my favorite month, because it always reminds me that my grandpa Bob has been gone another year. I talked about my computer cowboy, had another xc lesson, got to test out my new saddle, and started Throwback Thursdays Lineage style.
More drooooool. 
December- Pretty much a poo kind of month. The only riding I have been able to do is on the incredible Big Papa (Courage) and have done a few blog hops here and there, as well as informed everyone on the large impact of this growing sickness. But, I did buy the flat out PS of Sweden bridle kombo and two pairs of Aztec Diamond breeches, so that is fun!
More of this!
So, there you have it. I am not exactly ending the year of awesome riding quite like I wanted to, but I think I may be headed to the Mayo clinic in the coming month or two. I NEED to be able to ride and dream about doing my first real three day event with Bacon. I need to dream and do our first novice course. I need to feel like a person again. I have a feeling this coming year may be a difficult one, but I will not give in and I will not give up!

7 comments:

  1. PS of Sweden, for the win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you took advantage of that amazing 50% ADE sale!
    Sending you LOTS of positive thoughts and good luck at the Mayo clinic :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lolz vegas! You girl are amazing, can't wait for more adventures with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love all these pictures - and hope you have a blast at the mayo clinic! wishing you all the best in 2015 and that things maybe look a little brighter :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So jealous of your aztec diamond breeches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab abuse of sales discounts towards the end of the year. That PS of Sweden com i nation is going to look stellar on all your girls and you will kick ass competing & at clinics in your Aztec gear. I too nabbed two pairs of breeches in their sale. ♡♡
    I hope 2015 is a better year for you health wise & that all your dreams and wishes come true!

    ReplyDelete