Thursday, December 15, 2016

Year End Recap Part 2

Let's continue this shindig.

July:


Whoops. Looks like I didn't post at all in July. Which is kind of sad, but ok. Bacon got some time off while I traveled to Leavenworth, WA for a wedding one weekend, and then hauled my butt over to Rebecca Farms with Lindsey the next! It was my first time witnessing a recognized event, and I was overwhelmed and so excited. But, to my horror, I realized that I had forgotten my camera. I was so so sad about that. But there was also SO MUCH WALKING though. But I had help from drugs that kept me going. Hopefully Bacon and I will be competing there next year.

August:

Part of the reason I hadn't been posting was also to not jinx actually making it to our first recognized event. My first post back was a recap of Bacon and I's adventure at Stanton Farms, where we had a rough start in dressage, but moved up enough to finish for fourth place after a clear show jumping round. We had so much fun, and I was so happy to finally be able to check a off a dream from my check list. I also talked about a few of the things I discovered from our first big show experience, including hobbles, Horse Quencher, and my FOAL competition coat.

September:

I again failed here. No posts for September. This was when Bacon and I went out and had our first couple of dressage lessons, conditioning rides with friends, and a few jump schools. We were finally able to use our trailer that had been sitting around for over a year, because we got a new truck! Yay for trucks and trailers and freedom! And I got to sit and enjoy three days of Tik Maynard and Sinead Halpin at a clinic. There were amazing.

October:

I returned to blogging after completing our second recognized event. This time, the weather didn't cooperate quite as well, and we got a LOT of rain. Which made for a very hot horse, who despite being hobbled, just couldn't deal with all of it very well. Dressage was again tense, but better than the first one. Our dressage schooling the day before was perfect, so I was a little bummed about this, but we still came away with a 32.3 and a spot in 9th place. The next day, as I prepared for xc, I received a devastating text that my grandpa had passed away while I was tacking up. I bawled my eyes out, but threw a leg over anyways, and Bacon carried me around the course totally perfect. I was so thankful for that. Show jumping saw us come away clear again, which kept us in 9th place. Despite the rain, losing my grandpa, and a neurotic horse, I had a very fun weekend. We ended that month with one of my favorite things, scary jump night! Bacon and I dressed as escaped insame asylum patients, and made it to the final three in the high jump competition. We cleared 4'6" but took down the 4'9". But I was pretty damn happy.

November:

This month was kind of boring, because I was sick for most of it. I was able to go out and do another conditioning ride and a couple of jump schools, which turned out quite nice. Bacon is still awfully hot to trot, even with two treatments each of omeprazole and ranitidine. I posted about her transformation thanks to Cathryn's blog hop, and about the most awesome stock ties to ever (whatever stock ties do) the land. You can purchase yourself some here! Also, they are currently buy two, get one free!

December:

And here we are. Still not doing much, but we did get out for one more jump school before it snowed and got all gross out. Right now, I spend most of my time huddled with a blanket on our new giant couch, and dealing with Bacon's nutt brains. Plans are in the works for more lessons next month, more jump schools, and me trying to art my way through some stuff to help fun our show season for next year!

So there you have it. There were some downers in there for sure, but we had some really great things happen too. Like having frogs, watching my husband be the most badass horse show hubs ever, and fulfilling one dream. Two, if you count the truck! I am excited and nervous to see what next year will be like. But I know I will share it with all of you wonderful people.



18 comments:

  1. It was an eventful year! Here's to 2017

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys did so awesome after quite a rocky start! Can't wait to see where you are next year. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys killed it in the second half of 2016!! So much to be proud of!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma! We tried and we got some stuff done. Thank goodness!

      Delete
  4. Glad that you could fill in the gaps for us when you weren't blogging. I enjoy following the entire journey you take with your lovely horses .:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you L! Hopefully next year I will be better about posting our journey.

      Delete
  5. im still so into the stock ties. I want ALL of them and most aren't even purple!! I'm looking at 'real' show shirts now to go with a certain purple jacket that may or may not have been ordered recently...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really fun to see your progress throughout the year! So great to see how you guys came back from those dreaded lameness/hoof battles in the beginning of the year, and totally rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jannae! It's been quite the year, but it always is with Bacon!

      Delete
  7. What a year! I am seriously debating getting that same FOAL coat #twinning

    ReplyDelete
  8. You and Bacon really persevered this year. <3

    ReplyDelete