Thursday, October 13, 2016

Final Jumps


Guess what. It had rained again that night. But, I slept through it, thanks to the help of Xanax. Show jumping always makes me nervous, no matter what place we are in. But I had my course well memorized and I knew at least I wouldn't get lost out there. That's a start.

Bacon warmed up beautifully. It was the same arena as the dressage warm up, but by now she was totally over it being a thing. Either that or the presence of sticks calmed her. Even with the giant puddles on the landing side of the warm up jumps, she was pleased to behave herself for me. Before we knew it, it was time to head in.

I knew this course would be difficult for us because of the many long approaches. We tend to get flat to them and we don't need any help in that area. Again, I was under paced so that led to a few awkward jumps. She rubbed a couple (damn pole polisher club) but they stayed up. Which was a little annoying since she had jumped the crap out of the warm up jumps, but hey, they didn't come down. We finished double clear. Heck yes!


Almost everyone in my division came home clean except for first and second place. It was a tough field. We finished on a 34.3 and kept the 9th placing. Those two pesky time penalties kept me from 5th place. If I was in the other division, I would have finished 3rd including the time penalties. It was a tough field! But I was thrilled. We had completed our second horse trial. And we were both safe and sound.

It was a hard weekend. That I can't deny. But I was surrounded by great people, a helpful and loving husband, and a quirky pony to keep me smiling and carrying on. I loved the venue, despite the weather, and plan on coming back. And now I have another outfit matching ribbon.

23 comments:

  1. Well done, girl! I know you made your grandpa proud! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg they pinned down to 9th??? i LOVE the grey ribbon its gorgeous!!! honestly that's why I like getting 7th. all the purple ribbons :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They pinned to 10th! It was awesome! I even got a glass with Spokane Sport Horse Trials on it, and it was full of horse cookies!

      Delete
  3. You rocked it! Personally I love that dark, pretty ribbon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the ribbon. I think it might be my favorite!

      Delete
  4. That ribbon!!!! Congrats on a job well done! You guys kick butt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a butt, so I go around kicking other people's butts.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations Alyssa!! You have worked so hard for this!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Add now I'm foaming at the mouth to tackle this even harder next year! Training level, you will be mine.

      Delete
  6. Congrats, girl! Your grandfather is beaming, no doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the double clear and the pretty ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah! What a show! Congratulations, especially with all the difficulty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll have to write a post on all of the stuff that has been happening around here. It's been a doozy.

      Delete
  9. Congrats!!! So excited for you! And you guys always looks so great in your matching grey and purple.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seriously you guys are awesome! I adore that first photo especially.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on the double clear!

    ReplyDelete