Friday, October 2, 2015

Epic Pony Weekend: Bacon Goes Weeeee!

Some fall colors and a point in time where Bacon was listening to her mother.
Sunday brought the last day of epic pony weekend. It was probably the funnest. I got Bacon dressed in her jump tack again and she warmed up pretty nicely. We practiced a little of the dressage stuff while Papa and Aimee got ready as well. Linds came out and we wanted to see how she would do over a couple of teeny jumps.
I GOT THIS MOM JUST HOLD ON
Well, let me tell you, she was SUPER excited to finally be aimed at a jump. I had a flashback of this spring when we had started jumping again for the year. That meant that there was some speeding around toward and after the jumps. Screw all of the half halt crap we were doing, she said, it was jumping time!
I JUMP THIS. WATCH ME GO.
MY TAIL IS ALSO EXCITE.
She was zooming around when the whole point of the ride was to be slow and nice and easy. So after a handful of jumps, we called it good because she was going to make things worse for herself with all of her excitement. After that, it was time to head into the pasture for some fun photos.
OKAY I CALM. A LITTLE.
Linds had the camera and got many great shots of Aimee and myself. It was super fun to let the ponies just cruise around the pasture. Bacon was still pretty excited about having jumped, so she was busy going "WHEEEEE" out in the pasture but still very manageable. That's ok, because I was pretty excited too. As we cantered around, I thought it would be fun to catch up to Aimee and Courage and canter around together. We did, and I could feel Bacon thinking that maybe we would be working as a pair in the field like she would have done on the track. Fortunately she listened when I told her no, and we just had a blast cantering around the field.
Good girl.
Picking up a little more speed.
I wish everybody could have friends as cool as these people. They brought me pie when I was feeling down, and got me out and testing out my horse with a fun filled weekend. They installed more knowledge on me, shared their pretty things, and helped me when I started to get tired and feeling a little sick. They take pictures and they are so fun to watch on their own horses. My friends are awesome.
You know you are jealous.

10 comments:

  1. Bacon looks like she's just eating up those jumps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love her TAIL OF EXCITE! And pony friends are the best friends. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh bacon looks so happy!! haha what a fun weekend, definitely super jealous ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously the most fun. And I am up for no judgement pie pretty much any time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you guys had an absolute blast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I AM jealous. I need pony friends. All the OTTB friends! Looking good as always <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pony friends are the best ever, #luckyus!

    ReplyDelete