Monday, March 7, 2016

Getting Back Into the Groove

The best stretchy trot we could do that day. 
Bacon and I are stepping back into work and it has been interesting. Riding seems harder for me this year. My body is so very sore after a ride, and I am hoping that it is just because of the long layoff, but I don't remember it being so bad last year. It is very difficult to walk and I get very cold after I return to the house. Fingers are crossed that it gets a little easier for me as I start to ride more!
A little play time with the other girls too!
Bacon has been a little hit and miss. Some days she is relaxed and awesome and listening and not super reactive. Other days are just the opposite of that. She isn't terribly bad. She just gets tense and starts getting faster and faster and faster and quite reactive. I can get her back to listening and accomplishing little things, but she can't quite relax. I am hoping to find a good way to bring her brain back down to earth in these cases and just help her relax.
Can't wait to get my mane pulling comb out of my trunk!
Part of our new routine is to mix things up a little bit more. I am very bad at drilling and drilling on certain things (I hate that part of me, ugh) and so I am trying to be a little more loose and care free with everything. If all goes well, I plan to have a dressage ride, jump school, western ride, lunge day and hopefully another random ride day (possibly a conditioning day) in a week. This is probably quite a stretch, but I would like to try to stick to it.
Damn, that vest is bright.
Unfortunately, some of my jump tack is in my trunk. And said trunk is currently being used as a table top with a bunch of husband's truck parts scattered all over it. So, there have been no jump tack days, but that is ok because we have to build fitness back up anyways. But, damnit, I want to ride in my jump tack! We did western day, and I forgot how cute my horse was in western tack. I always assume that she will look awkward, but she actually pulls the look off quite well. Except for the boots. They don't really make SMBs for giraffe legs.
Cow pony?
Could use a little more height...
So, that is our start. It is a little rough, but that is ok. I know we will have a wonderful year. This past Friday was 4 years of having my girl. Facebook reminded me and I had to smile at what I said on the caption: Bacon! My new thoroughbred, off of the track! Hopefully this is the start to a long and fun journey. 
I am sitting there on this scraggly rough looking creature with a halter straight off the trailer and a big giant grin. A fun journey it has been!
Fresh off the track and trailer and into my arms!

14 comments:

  1. Aww happy four years!!! Hopefully the riding comes back easily and painlessly for both of you! Def needs jump tack tho ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I could pick, it would be jump tack day almost every day!

      Delete
  2. Happy 4 years!! I can't believe it'll be 4 years for me and Red soon!
    She looks so cute western!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We shall see what this year has in store...

      Delete
  3. Happy horse-iversary! I absolutely love that vest in all its brightness :) Hope that the riding gets easier and less painful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may be the brightest piece of clothing I own. You can definitely find me in a crowd!

      Delete
  4. You guys will get back into it! Bacon will stop sizzling and your body will adjust, I know it! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, she is such a sizzler. She needs a little more bacon fat to go with her sizzle.

      Delete
  5. Happy 4 Years to you and Ms. Bacon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's been a pretty darn good four years.

      Delete
  6. Yay 4 years! I 110% approve of that vest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a good plan of attack

    ReplyDelete