Tuesday, January 24, 2017

2017 Goals

I got to ride! FINALLY. And I am so SORE.
I have been struggling a little bit when trying to come up with goals for this year. Mostly because I am stuck on one.

Get to training level.

That's all my mind has been going to. Every day. Training level. How do we get there. When. Will we be successful. Training level, training level, training level.
See, if this were training, we would have done the bank out of the water, followed by a cabin a stride or two after. 

So yes, Goal 1. Get to training level.

Whether it is doing a derby or a recognized event, although I will be pointed at recognized events this year if all goes well. And we really only have one derby in the area that has footing okay for me to consider running her on it.
I promise those breeches are light grey. I didn't wear white breeches to my lesson.
Goal 2. More lessons.

To get us competent and ready for training level, we need more help. Lessons are a wonderful tool, and I would be ecstatic if I would be able to get to use this tool twice a month, funds allowing. We definitely need some help in dressage, and the couple lessons I was able to get last year already helped.
Stretch those leggies! And quit killing your mother's upper body!
Goal 3. Get out more.

More riding in more places. Time to get out of our tiny 50ft square arena and let the pony go forward. Go over more jumps, more grids, more courses. Learn to develop an eye for distance, maybe. If I can. Condition the pony appropriately. Maybe find a place to take a swim with her too!
This straight jacket outfit may actually be too fitting.

Goal 4.  Figure out my mental sads and crazies

We've got some drugs on board and hopefully they do something. My bloodwork results showed the same old stuff. Positive ANA (basically showing autoimmune things happening) but no real direction as to what and why. Kind of depressing. Could be the Lyme. Could be something else. All I know is, right now, I am hiding from "make believe" sounds in my house and hopelessly filling the quiet with music so I don't hear anything that will disturb me. Is it funny that what I am listening to is by Ghost?
Why am I here and what are we doing?
Goal 5. Keep my horse happy and healthy, of course!

This is the most important goal. It is the never ending goal of horse ownership, and I plan to keep doing my very best to employ it. Because I love my girl and she keeps me going, so I have to do my best to do the same for her.
Hey look, I made a logo for my stuff! And that is Bacon's silhouette. 
And finish all of these paintings.
There's a bike there. Now we need a motorcycle. Just. In front of us.
And jump a motorcycle. Damnit.

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. If I had a mustache, I would twist it and say "we shall see" while raising an eye brow.

      Delete
  2. Cheers to a productive 2017, I hope you can fulfill all your goals!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. TRAINING LEVEL HO!!!

    i support finding a way to swimmies. i need to do that with runkle :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are good goals!!! Wishing you all the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want Charlie to swim too!!! And yasss training level and motorcycle jumping!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I just need to find a spot to swim. I swam on a horse in Mexico, but that's a long ways to go.

      Delete
  6. You're seriously going to jump a motorbike? Epic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, there's a whole motorcycle plan. The final epic plan is to jump over a motorcycle, while husband jumps over us on his motorcycle. But first, we start with jumping the itty bitty bike!

      Delete
  7. Excellent goals. If I see you out and about this season at an event I'm going to be quite loud about cheering you on :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to follow along on your journey this year!!

    ReplyDelete