Thursday, April 28, 2016

Well, Here Goes Nothin...

Sooo, I may or may not have signed Bacon and I up for our first ever recognized horse trial. That's right, I said it out loud on here. I feel like I will jinx myself if I say anything, think anything, do anything. It is a horrible feeling. But, I waived goodbye to all of the funds I received from art projects (thanks guys!!!!) and signed us up for Novice at Aspen Farms.

So much excite
Aspen. Oh dear god. Every time I hear that word, my arms get all warm and the rest of my body goes numb. Every single time. I hope I get over this feeling by June 10th when we enter the dressage arena. Actually, I am only really hoping for not crapping my pants. And staying on. Actually, there is a list of things I am hoping to complete.

It goes: survive dressage, asthma attack free cross country/not falling off, remembering my course in stadium. And try to ride Bacon as best as I can. All I am really looking for out of this adventure is to finish with a number. I don't really think we will be all that competitive, but I will give it all I got. While breathing. Yes, must remember to breath.
All smiles.
My grandma and mom will also be coming along, which may or may not be a good thing. None of my family members have ever been to one of my shows, and they sure picked a big one to go to. Grandma is a nervous nelly, and always shouts things like "OH GOD" out of nowhere. Not helpful. What is helpful is her Xanax, and you bet your ass I will be snagging some of that. My mom just laughs and is super loud, so I told her she is to stand quietly in a corner. Husband will be coming along too, so I think he will just shove cameras in their faces and occupy them. And a good group of friends will be there to make sure I: inhale, drink, eat, breathe, etc.

The vet was out yesterday to do coggins and vx, and commented on how great she is looking and how it is nice because her ass isn't all that pointy anymore. That made me pleased. He also told me she was weird. Well, her owner is #weirdmusketeer, so it is fitting. I just hope I can do her some justice this year. And I hope she can keep her hormones and feels in check. So nervous.

We practiced our Novice B test that we will be doing in my arena with some cones. That were the wrong letters. Thanks, asshats at HorseLoverz. I have two Es and an M. With no K or F. The test proved rather difficult to do in my arena the size of a 20m square (big surprise) as the letters came up rather quickly. And I adjusted the size of my circles so they weren't super tiny. And screwed up where my second canter depart was supposed to be, but oh well. We ran through it, and though improvements need to be made, it wasn't a total failure. We actually had quite a nice dressage ride leading up to the test, but I can really see how much longer my leg is on the right versus the left. I don't know if that is me or the stirrups!
Can wrangle goats. Can hopefully wrangle family members.
Anyways, you can watch the video. Again, not really all that great, but it worked and my horse is super shiny, so that is fun. Also, we climbed over the sand pile where our first canter depart was supposed to be, so you can laugh at that. I really hope we can class it up better for Aspen!
Ahhhhh!

Aspen. There is that word again.

37 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I am sure it will be. Once I get over my initial shock.

      Delete
  2. Just FYI I love your horse. Even her name is perfect. Who doesn't love bacon??? My only advice is to be careful practicing in your small arena. I've seen people mess up their geometry because they are used to odd sized rings. You guys will be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, my geometry isn't so good anyways as that arena is all I really get to ride in, so I am out of luck there!

      Delete
  3. So exciting!! You guys will do great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh...how exciting! I can't wait to hear all about it. I'm hoping to spectate at Aspen in the fall, I hear it's really nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I am really really lucky, maybe we will make it to the fall one too!

      Delete
  5. So excited for you guys! You're both going to do great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck!! I'm so excited to hear all about it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you will definitely hear about it! Plus husband knows to take millions of photos.

      Delete
  7. OH MY GOD YES YES YES!
    Will be rooting for you both!

    Also - how does Bacon do a dressage test in such a small arena?! SHES A BOSS - and SO ARE YOU

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! And, well, there might be a reason she doesn't take giant swingy strides, and it is probably because she is used to staying all packaged up. Sorry pony!

      Delete
  8. That word - I like the way it sounds. It has a nice ring to it. You guys are gonna be great :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck! Not that you need it; you're gonna do awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay good luck! Also, seriously laughed out loud so hard at the grandma part :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grandma already offered to share. She knows what's up.

      Delete
  11. You're going to do great! Also, my barn will be there, if I tag along I will cheer for you in person, otherwise will send tons of internet cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty much the most exciting thing ever! This is a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wohoo! You and bacon are gunna do awesome!

    ReplyDelete