Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Kids Kids Everywhere. Even In My Hair.

All in favor of meeting Mr. Mayhem?
Thank you for all of your kind words on my show this past Sunday. Mares will be mares, and as an owner of four of them, you would think I would know that. But also this weekend, we picked up our new kids. And I got in trouble because Blake really wanted to name the one Reaper, and not Outlaw, so Reaper it is.
I iz Reaper. I will take you soulz with my good lookz.
Husband went and picked them up while I was riding Saturday morning. He had been outside for all of the hours at that point and when I got there, they were all tuckered out. He had their collars on them already and had decided that the little shy guy was Reaper, and that the bigger noisy one was Mr. Mayhem. These are just their temporary collars, as Blake has ordered a Sons of Anarchy collar with the reaper on it for Reaper, and bought a Men of Mayhem patch to sew onto a black leather collar for Mr. Mayhem. Nope, not spoiled at all.
Meaty is very curious about these weird ass dogs.

And not sure why they like to jump on him.
The first day or so was a little rough for the tiny guys. They were pulled away from mom, placed in a large crate in the truck and driven to a new home. They wanted to be by our sides the whole time, and if you left them in their pen, they would scream and cry and run around and try to head butt the fence or jump out. I felt kind of horrible for the neighbors, because them suckers were loud, but their dogs bark all the time and at any time of day. I dreaded putting the kids away though for fear they wouldn't shut up.
They love chasing Blake.
And they are faster than me.
Their personalities are starting to shine through though. Mr. Mayhem is very fitting of his name. He loves to try and push you around and is not really afraid of the dogs. If Blake taps on something, he jumps right on it. Like a little circus goat. He is a talker, and really likes if you are right next to him and talks if he wants you to go where he is. He is a very social guy, and always was, and I love his little crazy eyebrow look he has going on right now.
Handsome boys! (Reaper in the black collar, Mayhem in the red).

I think Mr. Mayhem has some scope?

Training his goats. Computer nerd/cowboy/racehorse paddock boy/goat trainer.
Reaper was a little slow to warm up. When we visited them before bringing them home, he spent a lot of time with mom and we thought he would be the most distraught about the whole process. But he has taken it like a champ. He loves to eat and eat, and as the runt, I am ok with that. He is a little bit more independent and will go exploring further away from us, much to his brother's dismay. He is also quite snuggly and is becoming more of a pest when I am trying to do things. They are both such sweet and friendly goats though.
Aaaaannnndd there goes Reaper.

He can fly!
Helping with weeding.
At four weeks old, I weigh Mr. Mayhem in at 11.6lbs and Reaper in at 8lbs. It will be interesting to see if Reaper will ever catch up to his big brother, of if he will always be a little on the smaller side. So far they are learning that crying will not make me come back out, and Reaper has decided it is not necessary to cry anymore when I leave. Mr. Mayhem is also doing a lot better with this today too. Unfortunately, last night Blake was using the foam crack filler on some spots when Reaper decided to rub his shoulder, leg and belly through it. I warned him to shut the gate, but no one ever listens to the wife. So, poor little man had to be shaved a little bit, and now he looks slightly diseased. But still adorable.
Can you even handle the cute?
Mounting blocks are the best for fun games.
This dog thing is pretty great too.
So far, it has been like raising puppies/kids. I bought bottles and milk replacer to finish them out of weaning at 8 weeks, but the little turds absolutely refuse to drink from the bottle. So, I guess we are just done with milk. One morning, I let them out and tried to sit down while still in my pj's and they decided that dancing on my boobs was great fun. Boobs with cysts and no bra support. Yeah, none of that. Also, Mr. Mayhem ran through some dog poop and then danced on my pants. It's ok. No one likes pants anyway.
Yes, we could definitely get away with murder.

25 comments:

  1. This completely made my sad rain cloud go away today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These SOA goats are THE BEST! I'm a giant SOA fan, so this makes my heart happy :) Congrats on your new kids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? And I am not even the first to come up with GOA...there is an original Goats of Anarchy page with their critters named after the characters! I am pretty sure I need a mini nubian soon though, so I can name him Chibs.

      Delete
  3. They are just so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute little bubs.

    What do the horses think of them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The horses are curious, as are the goaties with them. I am a little paranoid of them mingling with each
      other too much right now because they are just so small. And Pandora hunts cats in the pasture!

      Delete
  5. Lol, nobody likes pants! They are suuuuuper cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How many people do you know that like pants? Yeah, that's what I thought!

      Delete
  6. OMG THEY ARE SO CUTE I AM GOING TO EXPLODE!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No no, don't explode, Dino likes his people whole.

      Delete
  7. so i will never ever get tired of your goat posts!!!! lol and your dogs are saints too :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good, because I have a feeling they may be in a lot of posts! And yes, the dogs put up with a lot.

      Delete
  8. ROFL at the sideways goat kick to the mounting block. I need to meet these little buggers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This post was everything I could have dreamed for and more, haha, amazing. I LOVE GOATS - they just have the greatest personalities in the world.

    I feel like I need a catch up though - these are pygmies right? With their only purpose to be pets... or....?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! These guys are little pygmy brothers, who came out of a tribe of four brothers. They will be loved pets and entertainers and have now earned their own instagram page!

      Delete
  10. They are too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Weeeee they are home! So freakin' adorable and I love that shot of Reaper falling off the mounting block. =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG I am obsessed with the GOATZ. So amazeballs.

    ReplyDelete